NVRH Auxiliary Presents Scholastic Achievement Awards
Local students receive Scholastic Achievement Awards from NVRH Auxiliary on Friday, May 14, 2022. L-R: Delaney Payeur, senior at Southern Maine Community College, radiologist technician, $2,500; Kadienne Whitcomb, freshman at NVU-Lyndon, exercise science, $1,000; Liza Morse, UVM, Biology, $1,000; and Lance Abella, senior at Franklin Pierce University, Health Science, $2,500. (Missing from photo is Olivia Matteis, UVM Nursing, BSN, $2,500).
ST. JOHNSBURY, VT (May 18, 2022) – The Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital (NVRH) Auxiliary announced the five recipients of the Scholastic Achievement Awards, which totaled $9,500 and is presented annually to both high school and adult students who are pursuing a career in healthcare, on Friday, May 13.
Scholastic Achievement Award Committee Chair Beulah McGinnis presented a $2,500 award to Delaney Payeur of Waterford (Radiology Technician), Lance Abella of St. Johnsbury (Health Sciences), and Olivia Matteis of East Burke (BSN, Nursing). Kadienne Whitcomb of West Burke and Liza Morse of Danville each received a $1,000 award as well. Whitcomb will be attending NVU-Lyndon to study Exercise Science. Morse will be attending UVM and to study Biology.
The NVRH Auxiliary also held their Annual Scholastic Achievement Award Raffle drawing. All proceeds of the raffle supported the NVRH Scholastic Achievement Awards.
The winners were:
- Ted & Susan Houle – $300 cash, donated back to the Auxiliary
- Mike Matteis – $200 cash, donated back to the Auxiliary
- Carl Erickson – $100 cash, donated back to the Auxiliary
- Diana Gibbs – Stratton Mountain golf certificate
- Anne Cowles – 2 View from the Kingdom Flights with Bill Humphrey and Vinnie Matteis
- Gail Roberts – View From the Kingdom Flight with Jim Gregory
- Mike Rousse – Smuggler’s Notch Bash Badge
- Laural Ruggles – Jay Peak Resort Pumphouse Pass
- Tiffany Kendall – Kingdom Mountain Trails day pass
- Kaylee Greene – Kingdom Mountain Trails day pass
- Cindy Gordon – Handmade sweater
- Laurel St. James – Handmade sweater
- Samantha Gale – 2 Handmade baby sweaters
- Charlotte Hutchins – Vermont Teddy Bear “Doctor Bear”
- Jackie Dadourian – Cherry Wheel Gift Shop gift certificate
The NVRH Auxiliary is actively recruiting volunteers for the information desk, the gift shop, mammography department, dietary department, Reiki and music services, laundry, administrative and business offices, knitting and of course, the Board of Trustees. Anyone interested in volunteering at NVRH should visit www.nvrh.org/volunteer and call the Volunteer Services department at 748-7310.